The Pista Burfi Recipe is a delicious Indian Spiced Pistachio Fudge, that is packed with the goodness of pistachios. The addition of cardamom powder makes this mithai truly delicious. This is the perfect dessert when you have guests at home for festivals.
This Diwali treat your loved ones with something special!
1 cup pistachios
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Soak the pistachios in enough warm water in a bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water, peel the pistachios and blend them in a Panasonic Mixer Grinder into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the syrup is of 1 string consistency, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pista paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for approx. 5 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture on a greased 150 mm diameter plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon. Keep aside to set for 1 hour.
This Diwali spread the festivity with this delicious pista barfi!