Chicken Reshmi Biryani
Chicken Reshmi Biryani Recipe is one of the most popular Indian chicken biryani recipes. Here, the boneless chicken is cooked in basmati rice and flavoured with several Indian herbs and spices. This biryani recipe has lots of aromatic ingredients such as ghee, cream, cashew nuts and saffron.
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 4-5 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp processed cheese
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Few saffron strands soaked in milk
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp brown onions (optional)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Kneaded dough to seal the pan
- In a bowl, whisk two eggs and processed cheese, once done keep them aside.
- In a Panasonic rice cooker, cook the basmati rice in 2 cups of water by adding a little bit of salt.
- When the rice is 3/4th done, drain through the sieve and keep it aside.
- Combine the sesame seeds, cashew nuts and poppy seeds. Grind them to make a smooth paste.
- Melt the ghee in a big pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry it until the onions are translucent.
- Now add green chillies, chopped ginger and minced garlic. Sauté them for a few seconds and then add the chicken.
- After adding the pieces of chicken, keep the flame on very low.
- Add curd, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fresh cream and lemon juice. Cook it only for 2 minutes and turn the gas off.
- Allow the chicken to cool completely.
- After the chicken has cooled down, add the egg mixture and ground paste of the cashew nuts. Mix them well and cover the bowl.
- Keep this marinated chicken in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- In the Panasonic Biryani Cooker spread a layer of rice.
- Add a layer of marinated chicken over the rice, along with the marination.
- Spread the soaked saffron, some brown onions, garam masala powder and thinly chopped coriander and mint leaves over the marinated chicken.
- You may spread some ghee as well and again repeat the same procedure to make the layers of remaining chicken and rice.
- Seal the cooker with the lid, leave to cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the delicious biryani to a serving dish.
This Ramzan serve the biryani hot with a raita of your choice.